Thursday, February 24, 2011

Busy Making Cards...

It's been awhile since I've been able to upload some of the things I've been working on. This post is to catch everyone up on what I've been doing. I've got to say that having a very active 11-month old daughter has caused me not to be able to craft as much as I would like to. She keeps me busy and by the end of the day, I am exhausted and just want to relax.

So first, St. Patrick's Day is coming up...so I have been busy filling orders for cards for St. Patty's Day. So far, I've only been able to finish 8 St. Patty's Day cards. Here they are...














Next, I've been working on my daughter's 1st birthday invitations! I'm having a blast with this! My husband originally wanted to buy pre-made invites, but I convinced him that people now expect me to make invites, thank yous, etc....and I really wanted to be able to tell my daughter that I made her invites for her 1st birthday. It's something special that I hope she loves when she is older. Her party is going to be a cupcake theme, and with the help of a friend by letting me borrow several of her Cricut cartridges and a couple stamp sets, I was able to make these adorable invites. I am really happy with the way they are turning out! I recently ran out of brown paper, so there was a little delay in finishing the rest of the invites. A quick trip to Michael's last night and I am ready to make the rest of the cards :)

Hard to tell from the pic, but the paper is glittery :)



A side note: When we were pregnant, my husband and I took a childbirth and parenting class through our local technical college. We met a lot of really nice couples and have stayed in touch with most of them, even after the babies were born. The babies are all about 8-11 months old now, and we get together often (sometimes weekly) and have play dates. The most enjoyed days are when we all meet up at the local Children's Museum. The kiddos have a blast playing with "new/different" toys and the mommas get a chance to get out of the house and talk to adults for once :) Well anyway...now that the babies 1st birthdays are coming up (my daughter's birthday is a month away....ahh!) ...I thought it would be fun to make birthday cards for all of the babies :)











I'm so glad I was able to take a moment, while my daughter is napping, to catch up with the cards I have been making. This was a pretty long post, but I hope you've enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Really darling cards! I can see why you sell them :) All 4 of my kids would get really busy/clingy/ into mom's stuff around 11 months. It is a phase, and sometimes all it takes is a few minutes on the floor with them (other kids that isn't enough at all)
    I would get out my wood stamps and let them 'help' make their own projects (without ink, mind you) mostly they stacked them up and knock them down, but it gave me a few minutes to craft :) Good luck! -Paper Panther
    http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You are on a roll!! Every single one of them looks fantastic!! :) And the invitations are perfect! What made me first fall in love with the cricut was making everything for my sons 2nd birthday :) I will have to post pictures from that project to share with ya'll :)

    ReplyDelete