Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Last day as a SAHM :(

Hello everyone...
I have been so busy lately and feel terrible that I've somewhat neglected my blog. First, a little over a month ago, my husband lost his job. It came completely by surprise and we weren't sure exactly what was going to happen. Because of the employment loss, our contract on the house we were purchasing fell through about 2 weeks before closing...a very sad day for us. Our daughter turned 1....which was a very happy and joyous weekend event. Lots of friends and family surrounded us and helped us put on a beautiful party for our precious little girl. Here's a picture of her at her party....



Having my husband home now has been kind of a blessing in disguise. The income situation isn't ideal, but it has been wonderful having an extra set of hands to help with household chores and the daily happenings of raising a toddler. I think it's brought him closer to our daughter and I know it's brought us closer as a couple.

Tomorrow will be my first day back to work in about 15 months. Luckily, I am going back to work part-time, as I don't think I am physically and emotionally able to commit to a full-time job at this stage in my life. My heart has always been with children, and I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom (SAHM). I am definitely going to miss the time spent with my daughter.

Thank you for your patience through all of these happenings. I am most definitely going to continue crafting regularly and hopefully can update my blog more often too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment